My friend had her baby girl yesterday! Yay! Congrats Kyrstle, she is darling. =)
In any case I saw a friends facebook status update about the new Show on Lifetime, "One Born Every Minute." Have ya'll seen it? I thought I was the only nut job that was gonna watch it. I guess not.
Any case it made me think. Sure there is one newly breathing baby born every minute, but I think there are two born every minute. Go with me for a second as I explain this.
Sure MOST of women, girls, are born with the innate natural ability to be and become a mother. I say most, because we have a few women who become "Monster" moms, I call them Monster Moms because they cold heartily kill their children. To which those mother's need to be fried in the chair, or worse. =(
Anyways, back to the topic. I say that there are Two Born every moment. We can do ALL the research in the world. We can say when he's this old, we are going to discipline this way, or we are going to feed this way; basically a lot of we are's, are not's. We try desperately to plan our childs life, and how it will go from the moment they are born.
No matter how much extensive research we do, how prepared we think we are. No matter what we think we will or wont do, it all changes the moment we push our child out.
The instant our child is born, a Mother is born. That small yet significant natural mothering instinct in us, suddenly comes out. We become like a mama bear protecting it's young from the wilderness. It's at that VERY moment we hold and see our child for the first time, that all the research, all the we will's, we won'ts, etc go out the window. Suddenly mothering kicks in.
You suddenly don't care what Suzy Q down the street who had her baby 6 months ago did or does with and for her child. You suddenly forget all that research and what the American Pediatrics Academy has to say about this or that. Now it's all by instinct. It's all about doing what's best for you and your child. Your instincts tell you that, that cry is he needs a clean diaper cry. And that cry is a "I'm hungry mom" cry. And this cry, this cry is I want to play mom, cry.
It's amazing how communication seems like a foreign language on the outside, but Mother's, they know exactly what their child is trying to tell them. It's like this secret code that only mother and child know. =)
Being a mother is no easy task. Not from conception to them grown up and making families of their own.
While pregnant with your child you worry about every thing you eat, drink. You worry about every little bump, change in your life. You worry about if the nursery has everything you need, if there are enough diapers. If you are breastfeeding like I am, you worry if your milk will be enough for your child, or if you are going to be able to make enough milk. You worry if you and child are going to make it full term to 40 weeks gestation. You worry about growth and development in the womb.
You sit endlessly wondering about their skin color, hair color, eye color, how big they are going to be, how healthy they are going to be. You worry and worry and worry some more.
When you are laboring and getting ready to delivery your child, you worry about how safe they are, if they are crying correctly, breathing right. You worry if you have what it takes to be a mother. You worry if you can be a good mother.
However, the instant my child was born, I was born a mother. We all were.
So there isn't just one born every minute, there are TWO born every minute.
About Me
- April
- Hello, I'm April. I'm a busy wife, mom, student, photographer, business women, and Teacher at church. Photographer April Morganroth. AAS in Digital Photography/Marketing from Phoenix College December 2013. BAS Commercial Photography/Marketing From Arizona State University's Polytechnic College of Technology and Innovation Due to Graduate December 2015. Concentration in commercial photography, marketing, self promotion. Possible internship with Eric Fairchild, Fender in house photographer. Phoenix Adventures Photographers Club Premium Member, and NPPA (National Press Photographers Association) Member, NWBOC (National Women Business Owners Corporation) Member, and Phi Theta Kappa Rho Pi Chapter Phoenix Division inductee on March 15th, 2013. Photography and Scrapbooking has always been "my thing". I'm very artistic. MomOgraphy.Photography@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment